Friday, October 24, 2014

Halloween Warm-Up Weekend, Pt. I

Remember when holidays only fell on one day?  What the hell ever happened to that?

Seriously.  I won't even begin to go into the three or four months that now entail the Holiday Season (I'm sure I'll be bitching about that plenty in later posts down the road.)  Technically Halloween now falls in the earlier months of Christmas, and Halloween itself is now about a month and a half long, give or take.


Think I'm exaggerating?  Think back to when you first walked into a store and started seeing Halloween decor.  I'll tell you when you started seeing it - the day after school started in your particular, geographic location.  The second those composition notebooks and knock-off glue sticks were off the shelves, in came the processed candy (in bulk, of course, since we're all a bunch of Goddamn fatsos over here in 'Murica) and dollar-store, latex masks.

'Tis the Season.

We generally end up celebrating Halloween over the course of two weekends 'round these parts.  The first weekend is chock-full of activities and events, while the second revolves around Trick or Treating.  Back in my college days, this was also the case. . . except replace 'activities and events' with 'drinking' and 'Trick or Treating' with 'drinking.'

Knowing the Sausage Pad, though, this could've been some random Tuesday in April - lightsabers were frequently employed in day-to-day life.

So, like I was saying, this weekend is still seven days away from the real-life, honest-to-goodness Halloween, but you wouldn't know it by interacting in society.  People are already in costume, my family among them.  Sunchild Academy - where Kris works, Abby attends VPK, and Alayna goes for After School - held there annual Halloween Parade Fall Festival Costume Parade (sorry - I forgot some of you may not be pagan devil worshippers, my apologies.)

Check it out:

Abby morphing into White Cat
(I'm allergic to cats.)
White Cat and Black Cat
Lego break.
Dance party in Abby's VPK class.
The Clubhouse
More cats
Sugary snack time.
I never get pics like this with the kids. . . usually 'cause I'm camera bitch.
Panel discussion on the implications of foriegn involvement in the Middle East brought about by amped-up hostilities from the Islamic State.  Also, ponies.
Awaiting the costume parade.
In comes the Clubhouse. . .
Abby spots her sister. 
Abby and her friend Aubrey, freaked out by some of the older kids' scary costumes. . .
They had us parents walk with our kids through the Halloween Parade. . . 'cause you can NEVER have enough adult supervision when it comes wrangling hundreds of sugar-induced, dressed-up pre-schoolers. . .
Can you spot my kid?
Kris took a couple pics as the kids walked their way through the front lobby
Clearly, this Asian guy doesn't want to see my ass in his face.
Halloween Goodie Bags
Kris and other administrators

Coming up next:  monster weirdness with Papa and Nana. . .

- Brian

No comments: