Saturday, October 25, 2014

Halloween Warm-Up Weekend, Pt. III


Hey gang.

I'm just going to pick up where we last left off, if you don't mind. . .

Generally when the girls stay the night with Papa and Nana at their hotel room, Kris and I take our sweet ass time getting around in the morning (we get to sleep in past 7am, so that's a pretty big deal for us - it only happens about a half-dozen times per year.)
This gives the grandparents the opportunity to get up at the ass-crack of dawn and do all the mundane crap (i.e. coloring, etc.) that we usually have to do.
Following breakfast (and I'm sure a healthy bout of TV), Dad and Cindy walked the girls around the resort so they could check out some of the pond wildlife. . .
Not sure what's happening here.
(This is the more natural of the two poses.)
Cindy wanted to take the girls out for pedicures (manicures?  I don't know - whichever one's the foot one), which was far more difficult than it needed to be - evidently finding a place that offered services to little girls was extremely difficult.  Of course, finding people who spoke intelligible English was also a trying affair.
The kids love this sort of thing.  Hopefully they don't pick their nails clean in a matter of days (as they're known to do that.)
Meanwhile, Dad and I - whose feet are perfect as is - decided to take Snuggles out shopping for vinyl records. . .
Retro Records of Orlando - a decent spot, but they've gone way up in price since I was there last (2009?)  I typically buy vinyl off Amazon these days, as there aren't that many great shops around Orlando anymore.  I ended up spending $32 on six records, which is more than I'd like.  For used records, unless it's an awesome find, I like to spend under $5 apiece, so this was hard to swallow.
I guess the girls went to Jimmy Hula's for lunch after their nails (a decent seafood/taco joint Kris and I frequent from time to time.)


While Dad and I were knee-deep in dusty vinyl, Cindy also took the girls dress-shopping at the Loop.   As you can see from the fashion poses, the girls were pretty cool with this.
Snack time.
Back at the hotel, doing some homework. . .
Watching the U of M/Michigan State game, trying to keep the Cannonball on task, etc.
Snuggles loves college football (and apparently the Detroit Lions.)
Aaaaand Alayna gets ahold of the camera. . .
Taking Snuggles out to the playground for some afternoon shenanigans. . .
This picture would be even creepier if I was sitting at a kids playground with a stuffed animal in a dress. . . with no children of my own.
Hitting up hammocks on a stroll around the resort. . .
Throwin' some Snuggles on the ol' grill. . .
. . . Abby had a meltdown over this, so here's Yours Truly doing some damage control.
Hitting up another playground. . .
Nana playing hide-and-seek with Abby.  Unfortunately, Abby totally sucks at this game, and Nana stood behind that sign for quite some time.
I want to build one of these circle-bench thingies for my next house. . .
Heading back to the hotel room. . .
Is that a heron?  I'm not a birdologist.
For dinner, Dad and Cindy took us out to Dick's Last Resort. . . which may or may not be the most appropriate place for little kids to eat, but the food's awesome.
Of course Snuggles joined us.  Snuggles loves Dicks.
Besides the 'rude' service, one can expect a dunce-hat-ish insult at some point throughout the meal (though they take it easy on the kids.)
RESTAURANT!!!

Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion, America. . .
- Brian

No comments: