Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Heist

What's up, Internet.

So, in case anyone wanted to know, YES, I am still extremely sore from my surgery.  But that's not why I'm posting today.  No, I wanted to share with you an interesting find Kris and I recently stumbled across.

The other day, Kris wanted to take the girls shopping for Toys for Tots (you know, Season of Giving and all that - I'm sure she'll touch on that later.)  Since I was bed-ridden and all, she'd be handling both kids solo. . . which is just as fun as it sounds.  She wanted to take a camera with her to document the affair, and I wasn't thrilled with the idea of her lugging around our Canon T4i SLR through the Florida mall with two kids in tow.  Try as we may, though, we couldn't locate our smaller, much-more-appropriate-for-use-with-two-kids-in-public handheld camera, our Canon PowerShot.

We tore the house apart, and couldn't find it.  So, despite my grumbling, she ended up taking the more expensive SLR.

Days later, we found the Canon PowerShot somewhere that definitely raised a few eyebrows - Alayna's backpack.  When pressed for information, the Cannonball admitted to taking it to school on Friday to 'show her friends.'

Upon turning on the camera, we found the following pictures.

Enjoy:

The first shots are from Alayna's first grade classroom (no idea how her teacher didn't notice this was going on. . .)
She'll be glad she has this picture ten years from now, I'm sure.
Apparently this generation's never heard I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas.  That shit's a classic, kids, c'mon. . .
Sweet.  I always wanted a picture of a bunch of kids' backpacks!
This is one of Alayna's friends who conveniently lives a couple houses down the street from us.  This was taken while Alayna was waiting outside to be picked up in the Car Rider area.  On this particular day, Alayna was being picked up by Kris' friend, Joy (as Kris herself was driving me to and from my Ball Surgery.)
Close-up of a plush Mickey doll (the kid in the background doesn't seem to approve of this.)
Riding in the back of Joy's van, we have ourselves another shot of Mickey (actually, there were close to a dozen, but I'm editing these waaaay down to save you from the all-out chaos that we found on our camera.)
One of many shots taken of this bus, on the way out of her school's parking lot.  For whatever reason.
There's joy.  Completely oblivious that there's a six-year-old thoroughly documenting her entire route from school to her after-school location.
The Cannonball gets artsy. . .
(Just in case you wanted to know where she was keeping her water on this trip.)
Here's a picture from her series, 'Random Tree on the Way Back from School.'
Selfie (no idea what the hell's all over her face.)
No idea who this kid is (these next ones are from her After School program.)

I hate kids.

- Brian

No comments: