Sunday, March 10, 2013

Wicked

I've been waiting a long time to see Wicked again.  By far the best musical I've ever seen.  Back in my Western days, I took full advantage of my student discount and got to experience many wonderful Broadway shows such as Miss Saigon, Jesus Christ Superstar, Cats, Les Miserables and Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.  When I was pregnant with Alayna though, my good friend Lindsay was so kind as to invite me to a showing of Wicked since she had an extra ticket and her husband probably wouldn't appreciate it.  I had no idea what this show was, but my everlasting gratitude goes to her for bringing me along.  It was amazing!  Granted our seats were in a far back corner, it had great music and a very detailed past to the Wizard of Oz.  I fell in love with the Wicked Witch and would never again look at her the same.  The show passed through Orlando a couple years ago and I decided it was just too expensive to do again.  But, this year, when I found out tickets were on sale yet again at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Center and I had a couple interested co-workers, we decided to bite the bullet.  And bite the bullet we did!  I refused to be in the back corner again, but didn't quite want to cough up the cash for center orchestra.  We settled on a still hefty sum of $100 for side orchestra.  Long story short, I would do it again in a heartbeat!  We were so incredibly close I could see the sweat and every detail facial expression imaginable.  Not to mention being so close completely emersed me in the tale and I don't think I've ever felt so overwhelmed by music before.  Some of the bits brought tears to my eyes (and the eyes of my friends next to me).  It was a dream come true to see my now all time favorite musical so close.  The next tour will not come soon enough.  If you ever see Wicked coming to a nearby city, BUY TICKETS!  Just do it, and thank me later.
-Kris


Before the show.
From our seats


Since most souvenirs were on the ridiculous cost side, I settled for an overpriced keychain.

No comments: