Thursday, December 8, 2011

Cannonball's Christmas Concert

Hey familiars,

Free Blue Moon.  Can't complain.
So today was a crazy day, rest assured.  I went to work, then afterward sat through an excruciatingly painful department meeting, then had to drive all the way out to f***in' St. Cloud for a book study (which wasn't all that bad, since it was at a Chili's and our facilitator bought me my first two beers). 

Following a few beers and a discussion on the effect of booze on world history (if you haven't already done so, I highly recommend picking up a copy of The History of the World in Six Glasses - awesome book), I had to speed back over to Hunter's Creek in order to catch Alayna's Christmas Concert at the Peace United Methodist Church.

As many of you may already know, I tend to be one of those people who enjoys documenting every, waking moment with a camera or camcorder.  My wife hates it, but, thanks to me, we have documentation of everything.  For future enjoyment, if you will.  Alas, as the date of Alayna's concert rapidly approached, such attention to detail was lacking as Kris and I realized we were out of DV tapes for the video camera.  I didn't think too much of it, seeing how one can generally find these pretty cheap in the store.  So we put it off.

Dumb move on our part.

A couple days before Alayna's concert, Kris went into four different stores looking for them, and we only found the three packs for $15.  On Amazon, however, a three pack of tapes - we tried and couldn't find anything smaller - was selling for $9 with free shipping (once again, thank you, Amazon Prime).  So we opted to purchase the tapes through Amazon, as they were to be delivered by the night of the concert anyway.

No worries, right?

Well, the day of the concert came, and still no tapes.  By the time I was speeding back from Chili's, I didn't have time to swing by the house and check the mail.  So, screwed without a video camera, we were forced to document the whole evening with my cell phone video camera.

The quality isn't great, but we're in the process of finding a copy from someone who was there that wasn't a complete idiot and remembered to purchase tapes well in advance.

(Just a heads up - a lot of these pics are blurry.  Kris took them, and I don't think she was using the flash.  My apologies.)

 
 
 
 

 (In this last video, you can hear Alayna singing one of the songs from the concert.  I had to videotape it without her knowing, as she gets a little stage shy. . . as you could probably deduce from the other videos.)

 - Brian

No comments: