Monday, July 12, 2010

Summoned to the Hall of Justice

Ju-ju-jury duty!!!

Oh yes, folks - the powers that be have decided that Mr. Hough should hold the fate of his fellow man in his just fists of iron. This has been a long, long time coming, and - to be completely honest, here - I was beginning to think that maybe I'd never have the chance to play God and cast down harsh judgment upon my peers.

Maybe I didn't send the judicial system a Christmas card last year or something, I don't know.

Anyway, lots of folks complain about receiving a summons from the district courts, but not this guy. This guy is frickin' stoked - yes, stoked - about being summoned to do this. I can't wait to sit through the judicial process and fulfill the ol' civil duties.

Sure, the pay sucks, and I think there's a strong possibility this might end up sucking something fierce in the long run, but it'll be a nice switch-a-roo from the usual toddler-wrangling/yard-battling I've been doing for the last month or so.

Here's hopin'.

- Brian

No comments: