Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Living at 1400

Hi gangsters,

Last week, Aunt Beepy came down to visit for a couple days with his wife, Sam. As out of town guests, we gave 'em the ol' Florida with the Houghs treatment. We did the whole Disney thing with the Voigts, threw a baby at them, the usual. It was a good ol' time, and everybody had fun.That was last week, though. This week, in start contrast, has not been much fun at all.


Working on my feet seven or eight hours a day has more or less killed my workout regime. By the time I get home, I'm completely sapped of energy. Not that I'm swinging an axe or plowing fields all day or anything, but working with kids and having to constantly walk around a room for that amount of time will kill one's desire to speed home and sweat away access calories.

My solution? The mass murder and annihilation of access calories.

At 5' 9" and 160 lbs, I apparently should be eating 1600 calories a day (roughly) if I'd like to lose 2 lbs a week. Being the overachiever and 'go-getter' that I am, I've been consuming between 1200 and 1400 a day. I don't need to lose much, but I'd like to be back down to 150 - 155, about where I was when I graduated from college. Nothing too crazy.

I've been using this LiveStrong website that keeps tallies on what you've eaten and burned throughout the course of the day has helped me keep track of everything - a couple buddies also use it religiously, and it does help out a lot. I'm losing weight faster than I would've expected, which is cool because I'm getting really, really sick of eating the same meals each and every day. Smoothies, whole wheat grains, and fat/sugar-free everything... though I make room in my daily intake to accommodate the after-work beer or two.

I don't care if it contained 300 calories per bottle... daddy's got needs.

- Brian


No comments: