Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day - Pseudo Holiday

I don't do crap on holidays unless there's a storage bin for it somewhere in the garage. That's my rule.

Easter? Aye, we've got a bin full of plastic eggs, fake grass, and a half-dozen Easter baskets that Jesus left for us (don't ask me why we have so many baskets - I don't know).

Halloween? Doi - we looove dress up in this house, and have three bins full of costumes and house decorations to scare off bored teenagers who think going door-to-door for candy in their street clothes is 'hilarious.'

St. Patrick's Day? It may have only a bag of decorations in the garage, but that's because the majority of our St. Pat's decorations are in the bar-ware cupboard. They've been upgraded to all-year status.

Christmas? Yeah, totally. We have, like, seven bins of decorations, outdoor lighting, and a 8 ft pre-lit tree in a big ol' box out there. That's a definite. We're like the frickin' Griswolds.

So how about Memorial Day? Anything?

Nope. Same goes for Valentine's Day, Columbus Day, Martin Luther King Day, and Secretary's Day. If there's no bin, there's no hurrah. Sorry, folks.


Besides having Monday off of work, we didn't do squat. I mean, I drank some beer and grilled out, but the only other folks around were my roommates, and two of them can't even pronounce the word 'memorial.' I did, of course, acknowledge the service of my grandfathers, and did watch a war movie or two (in all seriousness, personal acknowledgment of veterans is a huge deal). But, due to the overall boringness and uneventfulness of the day, I'll just skip ahead and post some more videos and bid you adieu.

Slainte,
- Brian



No comments: