Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Watson's First Birthday (Seriously)

My entire life I've always made fun of people who treat their dogs like human beings.

Dogs shouldn't own sunglasses, they shouldn't have play dates, and they shouldn't have parties thrown in their honor.  I've always felt that way, and so you can imagine my chagrin when forced with the realization that, because of our kids, Watson was going to have to have a 1st Birthday acknowledgement of some kind.

Seriously.

We picked up a gourmet dog 'cookie' from the Purple Pooch - I won't tell you how much that thing cost - and, for the girls, we threw in a few leftover cupcakes from Kris' Easter Basket Cupcakes for Church endeavor.
Singing 'Happy Birthday' to Watson. . . because he really appreciated it.
Dog birthdays aside, my buddy Melvin from work recently let me borrow his 40mm Canon lens for my Canon EOS Rebel T4i.  Check it out. . .
I love the depth of field with this lens, but there's no auto-focus or zoom to speak of, so you have to move and focus manually. . . which can be a pain in the ass.
It's good for close-ups, in case you want to capture your kid's snarky-ass smirks.
Kris helps Alayna with some of her homework
And now on to coloring. . .
. . . Hell, at least she's not eating them anymore.

- Brian

No comments: