Monday, January 20, 2014

A Very Long Martin Luther Krang Weekend

Wakka wakka wakka.
Happy Martin Luther Krang Day, America.

Folks, you can't complain with a three-day weekend.  And you definitely can't complain with a four-day weekend.

From a project I had to grade on Friday. . .
No school today, seeing how it's a holiday and everything, and I didn't really have to work last Friday since it was the end of the second quarter on Thursday and we get a Teacher Work Day the day after (and honestly, Teacher Work Day is really just 'Teacher Hang Out Day' - I go in and hang out in my buddy's classroom with a few other teachers and play Nintendo, work on my iTunes library, etc.)

I'm a hard worker, I know.

On top of that, Abby caught a stomach virus, or the flu, or SARS, or something along those lines last Wednesday.  Kris took that day off to take her into the doctor's and let her rest up at home.  The next day, Thursday, I took off of work. . . bring my total number of days off this weekend to FIVE.

I'm not complaining.  At.  All.

So how'd I end up spending my ridiculously-long weekend off of work?

Observe:

Watson shreds another toy.  This dog's a machine.
Miller Lite - my watered-down beer of choice - re-released their original can design recently.  I'm a sucker for all things vintage.
Who knows.
The girls set up a Vet Clinc.  Alayna performs what I can only assume is some pretty groundbreaking medical techniques, while Abby - and her pets - wait in 'the Waiting Room.'
Abby and I constructed a fort so she could have a sanctuary for book-reading and whatever else while she was feeling like crap. . .


Once Abby was on the mend we took the kids out for some food McDonald's.  I've been overly-obnoxious lately with playing around with my new phone's camera settings. . .
Kris loves taking the kids out to eat.
We found this in Alayna's backpack.  I would've rather found cigarettes.
Playing princesses with Abby - these are the ones she said I could play be.  Notice something a little off-setting about this?
Watson's new favorite hangout spot in the house:  the window in my Study. . .
It has been cold as shit here the last couple weeks, but this weekend it sort of heated up a little. . . so we seized on the opportunity to get the kids outside and let them burn off some steam.
The girls got some pink Razor Scooters from Dad and Cindy for Christmas, and the weather has been so cold down here lately that the girls haven't wanted to take them out that much.  With a warm front coming in, however, the kids were eager to try them out. . .
Alayna is the more reluctant of the two to hop on a scooter - Abby's pretty fearless.
One of our neighbors apparently owns a G.I. Joe vehicle.
Swingers
The playground at Ginger Mill Park has had some work done to it recently, so it's not so much of a death trap anymore, but it still looks like a hobo's butthole. . .

- Brian


No comments: