Saturday, August 23, 2008

Gold Star For Primrose

Well, it only took a couple training days and a bad experience with the in-home daycare for my job to make a space for Alayna. That's right, my baby gets to come to work with me now. Things couldn't be any better! (Well, they could if Brian's car stops breaking down, but that's a whole other story.)

This first week of actual work has gone great. I'm loving my new classrooms.
I actually float between two different preschool rooms. I'm sort of the floater for the other teachers on their days off since we all do the 4 day thing. So I work with a different person each day. But even though I'm not in one steady classroom, I'm still just as much in charge. I'm getting to know the other teachers pretty well and they are all fantastic to work with. I get
to spend my entire break with Alayna, who is right down the hallway. Not to mention being able to peek my head in the window whenever I go to the bathroom. Brian still picks her up after he gets home from work so she's not there the whole 10 hours with me. That and he gets a little one-on-one time before I get home for the night.

So far, she is doing great at 'school.' They all love her. My director is always going in and holding her and telling me how cute she is. As well as, everyone else. She still sleeps most of the day and they get a kick out of her catnaps, stinky farts and painted toes. She's the youngest of all her friends, but the room she's in is under 6 months, so they are all pretty small. She's starting to 'coo' a lot more now and is still smiling all the time. But just as important, she's sleeping longer at night!

Stay tuned for the up and coming Alayna news.......The Ear-Piercing.

No comments: