Tuesday, July 5, 2011

31 Years

Well, it's that time of year again. The anniversary of the day I came out of my mom.

I'm 31 Goddamn years old today. Hooray for me.

The only good thing about turning 31 is that I'm not turning 30, so, while I am one year closer to the dreaded 4-0, I'm not having to go through that whole ordeal of entering a new decade of age. That's a pain in the ass I don't want to have to do again for a long, long time (say, nine years).

So, this year wasn't as bad for me. I still stocked up on my ritual half-gallon of Sailor Jerry, and I still devoted a good portion of my day playing vintage video games and watching old cartoons from the '80s, but not nearly as much, and I wasn't morosely depressed to the degree I was last year. We also went shopping and went out to eat - so all in all it was a good day.

...and Kris made pirate cupcakes this year. I love pirates.


- Ol' Man Hough

No comments: